HackACM is an educational and beginner-friendly event that fuses competition and meaningful learning.
We encourage coders of all abilities to participate.
Individuals or teams may compete.
All teams must have no more than five people.
All UCSC students are welcome to participate.
How to enter
Here are some tips for getting started on your project
- Join ACM's slack workspace and enter the #hackacm2018 channel here
- Find team members by starting a thread (or joining one).
- Remember that you only have 12 hours, pick a feasible project idea.
- Make sure at least one team member knows how to submit your project to a remote github repo (if not you can ask any ACM officer for help).
Here is a good starting point. The more important sections are "pushing changes," and "add and commit"
Submissions open at 9pm, an hour before coding ends.
- Create a repository on github
- Push your project to your remote github repository.
- Submit your github repo link to devpost.
- Your done!
Ask an ACM officer for help if you need assistance with any of these steps (the earlier the better.)
ACM at UCSC - Chair
ACM at UCSC - Treasurer
ACM at UCSC - Secretary
ACM at UCSC - Vice Chair
ACM at UCSC - Fundraising Chair
ACM at UCSC - Webmaster
We will look for any new and fun ideas introduced by your hack, as well as any imaginative solutions to a problem, or novel application of an old concept.
How complete is your hack? It's a 12 hour hack, so we're not expecting all projects to be complete, but given the constraints how far were you able to get? Even if incomplete, is the idea there?
We will be looking at whether your hack pushed you to learn something new, and how you and your team were able to adapt to the challenge.
Help a Slug Category
This category appertains to any useful app, program, or utility that is useful for UCSC (or other) students. The most impactful hack that satisfies this category will be selected.
A $50 dollar Amazon gift card will be awarded to the best beginner team: a beginner team is any team where a majority of the team members are beginners.
Alexa Skills Category
An echo dot is awarded to each winning team member that submits a project using the Echo Dots.